Here is a list of alternative venues for hire in or close to Brown Hill.
Brown Hill Cricket Clubrooms
- Reid Court
- Contact: Phil Knowles: 0407 399 971 , email@example.com
- Capacity: 80 seated. Tables and chairs available
- Kitchen and separate bar available
- From September to February: Brown Hill Cricket Club
- From March to August: Eureka Athletics Club
- 9.00 – 11.00am and 5.00 – 7.00 pm Wednesday during school term, Ballarat Wholefoods Collective
Brown Hill Uniting Church Hall
- Corner of Thompson Street and Humffray Street North
- Contact Ann: 0402 627 913.
- Groups hiring the hall require public liability insurance
- Capacity: 70 seated. Limited chairs and tables available.
10.00 am – 12.00 noon: Bible Study group
4.00 pm: Eureka Butterfly Guides
6.45 pm – 9.15 pm: Ecumenical Choir
6.30 pm – 8.00 pm: Kenpo Karate
3.30 pm – 5.00 pm: Three weeks each term, ‘Kids’ Club’
1.00 pm – 3.30 pm: Church Service
7.30 pm: Private Booking
1.30 pm – 3.30 pm on the first and third Thursday each month: Brown Hill Uniting Church Craft Group. All are welcome.
9.00 am: U3A Recorder Group
7.00 pm – 10.00 pm on the third Friday of each month: Probus Trivia group meeting
10.30 am: Ballarat Society of Artists
Caledonian Primary School Multipurpose Hall
- Thompson Street
- Contact Geoff Dickson: 5332 6955, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Capacity: 100 seated. Limited tables and chairs available. Large professional kitchen.
7.30 am – 8.30 am: Before-school care
8.45 am – 3.15 pm: School activities
3:15 pm – 6.00 pm: After-school care
7.45 pm – 9.15 pm: Ballarat Full Gospel Fellowship
2.45 pm – 7.30 pm: Ballarat Full Gospel Fellowship
Russell Square Hall
- Stawell Street North
- Contact Drew Russell: 5339 4034, 0410 551 940, email@example.com
- Capacity: 90 seated. Tables and chairs available.
The Russell Square Hall kitchen will soon be undergoing a significant renovation which will affect its availability for hire. Please contact Drew to discuss options.
Victoria Bowling Club
- 231 Victoria Street, Ballarat East (car park entry along Gent Street, off Stawell Street North)
- Contact: Michael Walsh, 5332 6242, 0457 111 399, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Capacity: 250 seated with a dance floor. Up to 320 seated total.
- Licensed venue. Kitchen available.
Warrenheip Memorial Hall
Contact: Angela Beattie, 0409 347 905, email@example.com
Situated only 6.5 km from Ballarat, the hall is suitable for a wide range of private functions, including weddings, birthday parties (sorry, no eighteenth parties), community events, school events, fundraisers, presentation nights and anniversaries.
The new kitchen features a caterers-size fridge, pie warmer, microwave, oven with a stove, 80-cup urn, crockery and cutlery for 100 people and a double sink. Seating and new round tables are available on-site to comfortably seat 110 people.The hall has a stage, electric wall-heaters, permanent fairy lights, ceiling fans and blinds for the windows.
There is a regular booking of the mobile library every Tuesday afternoon from 2.30 pm – 4.30 pm.For more information see the Central Highlands Arts Atlas page and the Warrenheip Memorial Hall Facebook page.